Wednesday, March 21, 2007

I'm finally a cover artist! But.....


They gave the credit to someone else. Do you believe the luck?!?

The issue I did a cover for is Ezra: Evoked Emotions #3 which shipped and is in stores today. I've never seen the finished version as Sean from Arcana had someone else color it. But it looks really good, and the colorist did it justice. To damn bad someone named Pedro Delgado got the credit for it. But I'm happy none the less. It obviously too late to do anything about it so I'll just have to post an image of the cover and let the world know who the true artist is. And when Sean come to the Calgary Expo at the end of April I'll give him shit and make him feel bad. Until then, here's the cover.

Enjoy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice work! I did the painted 2-page spread towards the end of the story, and Sean forgot to credit me, too. I guess he was really under the gun to get this out and let some things slip. Well, hopefully someday he'll collect the series and we'll both get our names on it, eh? In the meantime, I gave him some crap in an email. >:(

-Patrick

Richard "Virge" Barkman said...

Wow Patrick, you're painted spread is awesome! You did a solid job on that piece. Too bad Sean didn't give you any credit either. It totally sucks for both of us but what can we do? I'll have a chance to see Sean in a couple of weeks and I'll get the scope from him on why there was such a screw-up on this book. I'll put up a post on what he says. Thanks for checking out my blog!