Thursday, July 06, 2006

It's arrived!

I finally received my preview copy of The Sorrow today. I'm very happy! And because I'm also quite critical of my own work, I'll have to take Kevin's word on the book. He's says it's very cool, reads well, and looks quite beautiful. I love the cover, and the print turned out nice, but I have other opinions on the book. I always feel my stuff could use something more, but again I'm my own worst critic so I'll leave it at that. It is quite cool, however to have a copy of my very own comic in my hands. I'm really very proud right now. It is definately an accomplishment and I look forward to future issues and more great work coming from Out of Mind Studios. Being a creator is so cool!!!

In the mean time the folks at ComiXpress are hard at work (I'm told) getting the rest of the order together, so with any luck I'll have copies available late next week. Then all my friends (and some of you nice people out there who read my blog!) can grab a copy for yourselves and make your own opinions on the book. Is it any good? Does it suck? Should I give up now and chase my dream of being a circus freak while there's still time? Or maybe you think it's awesome and I deserve a pat on the back. I'll leave that up to you to decide. Look (hopefully!!!) for the book to be on local comic book shelves by the 3rd week of July, or order your copy direct from ComiXpress when it becomes available. And because I want to, and I feel it's necessary, thank you in advance!

I look forward to hearing from anyone and everyone who picks up the book.

8 comments:

Kevin Sole said...

It kicks ass dude. It reads well, it looks good. It's well paced.

Now we just need to get the other 150 copies. :)

Richard "Virge" Barkman said...

I'll hopefully have some copies in SD so I can hook you up Brian. If not then I'll get copies to Jay at HH, and most retailers in Calgary will have copies as well. Thanks for the interest and support. It means alot!

And when we get to San Diego, I'm so looking forward to the "Alberta Crew" kicking some serious ass and taking names! This year is going to ROCK!!!!!

Lalena said...

Thats awesome Rich, I hope you get good feedback on it at San Diego.

On a side note, I used to have trouble spelling "definitely" and it looks like you do too. It's DEFINITELY! :P

Richard "Virge" Barkman said...

Thanks D, I'll work on my spelling :P

Anonymous said...

I wanna seeeeeeee it!

Richard "Virge" Barkman said...

Okay, but only because you're hot! And because........

DR. TRAN said so! He's a REAL DOCTOR!

Too funny :D

Anonymous said...

I'M NOT A DOCTER!!!!!!!!>:0
YOU ARE MAKING ME MAD AND YOU ARE MAKING ME ANGRY!!!!!
YOUR HOUSE HAS NO WINDOWS!!!!!!

Obsidian3D said...

My house has no windows either...er, maybe that's because I live in an apartment. But the apartment has windows, does that count?

Anyway, I'm sure the book looks great. If there's anything I've learned from hanging around with other artists, and being one myself, is that most of us are always our own worst critics.

I also think that most of us would work on things forever were it possible. I think what it comes down to is time constraints and the "good enough" factor. Sometimes we have to just say it's good enough and move on to the next piece. Otherwise what progress do we really make?

Don't forget to save me one of those 150, and I want signatures on it too guys. :P