Monday, September 17, 2007

I'm going to Japan, and I can't sleep.

A few hours ago, I bought a ticket to Japan. From October 21 to November 4 I'll be touring around the country with my good friend and proficient in Japanese traveling partner Charles. He taught English in Japan for a couple of years, and wants to go back and visit friends, and see things he never got the chance to see before. I'm going because it's Japan, and I've always wanted to go there. Don't need many more reasons then that. But this will be my last big trip for a while. Because when I get back, I have some serious work to get done.

Over the last couple of weeks I've done 2 smaller projects for my friends at Vicious Ambitious. They have a couple of books coming out in the next month, anthology based projects, and I was fortunate (and honored) enough to get to do some sequential work for these books. Both the story were written by Gord Cummings, who has a very different way of thinking then I do, and therefor gave me an interesting and awesome challenge when drawing his stories. As both a writer and an artist, I look forward to working on scripts that I haven't written, because it gives me a chance to step out of my comfort zone and open my brain to being and thinking in a different and creative way. I had a blast working on these stories, and it's given me the drive I needed to get to work on some of the stuff that I've put off for the last little while. My current goal right now is to finish issue 2 of The Sorrow, my hottie-teen werewolf story, by the end of September, with the hopes that a new printer I'm looking at using can get it back to me in time for Pure Speculation 3, a show I'm fortunate enough to be exibiting at in October. After that I'll be finishing up the long-anticipated issue 1 of Dead Last, which I'm hoping to have finished for the beginning of December. After that, well, that's still to be decided, but I have a couple of things brewing right now, and when I've figured out which way to go, I let you know. But I have a couple of big (graphic novel big) things in the creative pot, as well as continuing to put out issues of The Sorrow and Dead Last set for the foreseeable future, so I have plenty to keep me busy.

That's it for now. Take care all.

1 comment:

Brian Guay said...

So what was the best part of the trip? :)