Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Some San Diego pics, and my first MLB game live!!

Hello sports fans! I'm back with a quick but necessary update to this blog o'mine! Since I'm still experiencing scanner issues I have no new artwork to post, but I do have some cool pictures from my recent trip to San Diego and Dallas to share with you!!!

This year I attended the San Diego Comic Con for the 6th year straight, and although it was the most busy it's ever been I had a blast!! I attended some really great panels, met some awesome people both famous and aspiring to be, and brought home some cool swag! I got to party a few nights down there, mingled with friends from Edmonton and Calgary that I met up with, and even managed a trip to the beach. And I ate healthy and worked out!!! Crazy, I know. Some of the highlights of the trip for me were seeing the new Sideshow Collectibles 14 inch Darth Vader (finally), getting to scope out the new 25th Anniversary GI Joe figures, meeting Gerard Way outside the Eisner's shortly after he won for Umbrella Academy (in the washroom of all places, long story), and finally meeting Missy Suicide, founder of the famous Suicide Girls website. She was so nice and a really cutey in person! I also really enjoyed hanging out with the Edmonton bus crew for a few nights of debauchery, and I found it was really cool to see Calgary artists Riley Rossmo (Image's Proof) and Fiona Staples (Wildstorm's Authority: Hawksmoore) signing at the Image and DC Comics booths. Way to go you two! It was an awesome trip and I hope to get back down there again, maybe behind a booth myself! ;)



Darth Vader!


The Suicide Girls!


Squeak, Yours Truly, and Missy Suicide!


GI Joe goodness


I also got to spend a week in Dallas with my good friend Neil Erasmus the week after Comic Con! Neil is one of my closest friends and has been down in Dallas for a few years but unfortunately hasn't been able to make a trip back here to visit. And until this year I really didn't have a chance to go down to see him. But we more then made up for not be able to see each other with an incredible week long visit! Neil took me all over Dallas and really spoiled the hell out of me! I got to go to Six Flags in Arlington and went on a bunch of crazy rides (I think I'm getting too old for some of them!), I got to see the Kennedy Memorial in downtown Dallas, popped into several comic book shops including the famous Titan Comics, and spent several awesome days lounging in the family pool. And we needed to as the temperature was over 100 degree F everyday I was there!!! But the true highlight for me was getting to go to my first ever Major League Baseball game, which pitted the Texas Rangers versus my favorite team the Seattle Mariners!! And although the Mariners blew it and lost (they've had a rough year) the game was an awesome experience and I'm so greatful for being able to attend it!


Neil and I at the game!


It's bloody hot here!


Titan Comics


Drowning in the pool!


The Superman Ride at 6 Flags


Well, that's the update for now. I have some artwork to load, and with any luck will have it up in the next week or so. I just have to keep praying to the scanner Gods and sacrificing imaginary goats and with luck my scanner will work!

Or I could just get a new one. But where's the fun in that? Take care all!

1 comment:

Daniel Andrews said...

Great pics man. Looks like a good time. I'll make it there one of these days :)