Saturday, September 09, 2006

A moment of clarity.

Have you ever had a moment in your life, one fleeting perfect moment, where it seemed like everything in the cosmos suddenly became perfectly aligned and everything that you've been pondering and brooding over made absolute perfect sense?

Me neither. But right now, after a full day of watching Veronica Mars season 2 and doing my best to eliminate all the alcohol in my apartment via consumption, I suddenly feel like I might be the closest I'll ever be to that moment.

It all makes sense now.

And although this somewhat criptic message might not make sense to anyone but me, I feel it needs to be logged in my blog for future referrence. All anyone ever really needs to be satified is a reason. For some it's a cause; for others it's a purpose. Sometimes these things make us happy and sometimes they just bring about a sense of contemptment. But whatever the reason, cause or purpose, as long as there seems to be something there worth doing, the end result should always be the same. It's the journey, or quest, that we choose to take that ultimately provides us with life's pervebial "bumps in the road". They're there to teach us through trial and error the right and wrong way about things. Without them the journey would have no meaning, and therefore our purpose or reason wouldn't exist and we would all be back at square one. By taking these quests, and fullfilling our purpose, we should ultimately achieve an ending, and with that a sense of completion. I like to think of it as a "prize" for finishing our quest. Like a "trophy" that only we can see and it doesn't collect dust because it's on a shelf inside our mind. And everytime we think about it we feel warm and happy all over. It brings about a feeling of pride knowing that an end has been reached, and for better or worse no one can take that away. I'm going to be finishing a quest very soon. One that has been going on for a very long time, but it eventually had to end so that another can begin. I don't feel any sense of pride for finishing, but I do feel relieved which is a prize in itself. And my new journey will be epic; a quest that could very well take me the rest of this life to complete. The end result will be incredibly gratifying, but it's the quest that I'm most looking forward to.

It's time to unleash my potential. I've kept things under heavy lock n' key for well over a decade now. Over the past few weeks I've felt things building up, like a pot of pasta you fill too full and the water's about to boil over. It's been causing me a loss of proper sleep, a serious lack of motivation, and above all has made me feel tremendously unhappy. I like to be happy. I believe what I'm going to do will make me very happy, and above all be an achievement I'll be proud of accomplishing.

One journey ends, another takes it place. It will all happen soon and most people won't notice at first. But keep watching. All things happen for a good reason. And I have one. That's all I can say for now. Time to put a new pot on the stove, set it to the right temperature, and wait for the water to boil. You never rush if you want good pasta.

No comments: