Friday, September 29, 2006

Wow, cobwebs.

I haven't been here for awhile. I think I was kidnapped or I died or something! Damn alien zombies!!!

Okay, I haven't been made into the living dead, or at least not yet. I've been doing that one dreadful thing that all mankind must do (or should do): I've been working. Alot. A fack of alot more than I want to be. But it's for a good cause. I have some bills I'd like to clear up, some new furniture I'd like to buy, and I want to travel somewhere warm this winter.

I want to live a little.

But in order to do that I need to make money, and right now I have the opportunity to do so. Unfortunately all this work has taken a toll on me. I've missed 5 classes of Karate, I've fallen way behind on my projects, and I think I'm the most out-of-shape looking that I've ever been. I look like shit, I feel like shit. But soon things will be better. I'm going to be getting my normal schedule back in about a weeks time. No more 10-14 hour days, and no more 5 days a week. Probably 4 days of work with 3 days to draw and catch up on stuff. Plus, with tournament season starting soon I'm in desparate need of some quality workout time, so I have to work that into the schedule. We (my father and I) have got some new equipment down in the gym that should help. A heavy-duty benchpress set, 300 lbs of weights, and a kickass stationary bike that doesn't hurt your ass. So things should start to get better and I can start to lose my unpleasent shape and start looking like me again!

And I'd like to send a special shout out to my friend Jose Potter. As I mentioned in my previous posting, Jose competed in N.Y.C. at the All American Open and fought incredibly well finishing second in her class. I've been told she fought 4 fights, beating the woman who placed 2nd at the World Championships, and eventually lost the finals to a very tough 17 year old from Bulgeria. Only 27 years younger than her :P So congratualations Jose on doing yourself and all of us here proud! My only wish it that she doesn't beat me up so badly now that the tournament is over. I'm getting old and my body can't take it anymore :D

No comments: