Thursday, June 14, 2007

It's been one hell of a month.

Well, it's been a month since I lost my stepfather Warner. And in this time I've endured a lot. I found out that when someone dies, those left behind not only have to worry about moving on and getting past their loss but that there is a literal mountain of paperwork that follows. But I've managed to get through it, and my family is healing. I miss Warner everyday and can't help but wonder what happened to him that made him make such a fatal mistake. I have trouble sleeping at night, but I've been told that this will pass in time. I keep playing the days events over and over in my head. There's nothing I could have done differently, nothing that would have changed things. I know that. But I wish there was. On the plus side, Warner was well covered. And now my Mom will be well taken care of. But no amount of money will bring her husband back, and I've forever lost a close friend and father. I miss you Warner, but thanks to the strength you gave me, and gave all of us, I'll make it. Thank you Dad, I'll see you again.

No comments: