Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Pan pin-up-o-rama!

Trying saying it 5 times fast, you'll go insane like me! Here's a pin-up I did for fellow local comic guru Chris P., for his Peter Pan comic. It's a great retelling of the Pan, and when it comes out (which I believe will be in time for this year's Calgary Expo) everyone should buy a copy and check it out. Truly great stuff.


As for me, I'm loosing it. Seriously. I've been battling some health issues (both mental and physical) and a lot of what I wanted to get done for the Expo this year just won't happen. I've been struggling on a few projects I have, but I'm thinking things will smooth out soon. Or at least I hope so. I'll post some updates (if I make any) on here, until then: take care all.

2 comments:

MR. NICK said...

Sweet pic, Barkman! The tones look great and the layout is awesome. So many charcters in such limited space.

On the critique side, some random spots and dots on the tree might help it look "barkier" and his left leg blends a bit into that Lost Boys fur. maybe a bolder outline around it? Stellar piece.

Hope you're feeling better soon. If you need a listening ear or a kleenex brand shoulder, you let me know.

Richard "Virge" Barkman said...

Hey Nick, thanks for the critique and for scoping out my blog. I think you're right about the tree, and it's something I'll look into fixing. As for his left leg, it's actually completely behind the lost boy, but looking at it again, I can see what you were seeing. Thanks again for stopping by!