Friday, April 11, 2008

My pin-up piece for SDCC 2008 Souvenir Book.

Here's a pin-up I've done for this year's San Diego Comic-Con Souvenir Book. Every year they open up the book to fans and pros submissions based on a variety of themes. Last year I jumped on the Star Wars train, and sent in a Boba Fett piece I'd done. This year, it's DOC SAVAGE! The Man of Bronze himself, in all his black and white glory. I haven't read any Doc Savage since I was a wee lad, and the movie didn't do much for me, but there's just something inherently cool about the guy. And since this year's themes were not a deep as previous years, I went with the one theme that struck me as being something I'd like to do. So here he is.





Feel free to bust my balls on the piece if you like. I did this up in about 4 hours, and I haven't been to bed yet so I'm a little out of it. So if it sucks, it sucks! If not, then cool! It just proves I can do things stoned on coffee and high on life!!

OK, enough of that. Thanks for stopping by, and as always, take care!

No comments: