Wednesday, November 01, 2006

"When things were simple"

"Hey there voters, how do you feel? Tired of same old voter appeal!"

I can't get this damn song out my head that Kev played the other day. It's by a band called the Pinker Tones and I think it's called Karma Hunters. The video is totally cool but unfortunately the song is extremely catchy and will keep you awake at night because you can't stop singing it in your head. So search for it at your own risk.

Now onto my actual topic. Yesterday, by the grace of the gods and by using up what karma power I had left in reserves, I completed my latest project. It's a story called "When things were simple" and it will be published in the first volume of an antholgy series called "Tales from the Harbor". I'm not sure when it will be out but I'll definately update on here when I know. I think it's especially awesome that our good friend Jay Bardyla of Happy Harbor Comics has put together this anthology for all us up and coming creators to showcase our work. I can't applaud him enough for all he does for the local community, as he truly gives us all a lot of support.

From what I understand the anthology is going to be a regular publication, possibly quarterly. But don't quote me on that as I'm not entirely sure of all the details. I was offered a piece of the pie and didn't ask many questions. I'm much happier that way!

When I get the okay to show off some of the pages I will. I had a great time working on this project and continue to see great advancement in my work. That's truly what I strive for. I'll be working on the second issue of The Sorrow very soon, as well as issue's 3 and 4. I'd like to have the series finished for spring of next year, so hopefully I'll pull it off. There is also the ultra-cool new story that both Kevin and myself are developing now, and when we have more of a finalized idea of what we're doing I'll be posting it!

I've also had a great idea brewing for some time that I think I'm going to turn into my regular contribution for Tales from the Harbor. But I'm not willing to share it just yet!

And on a final note, I picked up the lastest installment to the greatest RPG franchise ever:

Final Fantasy XII

It totally ROCKS! It's simply beautiful, and a refreshing update to the series. The new system of battle and character build-up will take a bit to get familar with, but so far it's a truly amazing game. I'm going to play some of it now. Take care everybody!

2 comments:

Kevin Sole said...

Um. That's Final Fantasy XII, dude. :) Not IIX, which isn't even a real roman numeral.

What's this idea you have?

Richard "Virge" Barkman said...

Oops! Fixed now, Thanks man.