Thursday, April 20, 2006

And now we have 2.

My roommate and studio partner broke down and bought a new computer tonight. He was going to wait until after the upcoming Calgary Comic Book Expo on May 7th., but I think the craving just became too much. He was there when I picked up my new 'puter, he got to see the joy in my eyes when I set it up, and it was too much for him to bare. That, and he got a pleasent surprise from his former employers in the form of an ample payout. So I guess that helped speed things up too.

So now our studio is up-to-date. We have 2 new computers and a big boost of ambition. I couldn't be more stoked! All this, and we recieved a preview copy of our new comic book in the mail yesterday. It looks soooooooo sweet!!! Seriously, it brought a tear to my eyes. This is the most ambitious project we've done to date, an actual full colour, 24 page comic book from Out of Mind Studios. It's based on the webcomic we produce called Twice Thursday. And we are like proud parents folks, let me tell you. As soon as I figure out how to post images I'll load the cover image for all to see. In the mean time just click the link I have to Twice Thursday and enjoy. And if you do happen to read this blog, live in the area, and you have nothing to do on Sunday May 7th, come to the Big Four Building and support some local talent. We would all sure love to see you. Okay, enough with the product plugging!

Man, what a crazy (in a good way) week this has been. And it's only going to get more crazy(still in a good way) from here. Bring it on boyo, bring it on!

6 comments:

20041102.Last.Chance said...

So started a blog and bought a computer. Well Richard, let me offer some sage advice. If you've ever fucked a chicken, thought about fucking a chicken or often rememis about the "good old days" of chicken fucking... don't post it in your blog. Or sure, TODAY it might seem like a funny story. But 3 years down the road, when you're going in for that big job interview at we're-so-cool comics, your prospective employer might mention he Googled your name. He might mention he found some curious details on your blog. He might put his hand on your leg and mention that his brother BillyBob owns a farm. Warning, Richard, warning. -g

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the world wide interwebnet ^_^
Now I can read about your exploits instead of stalking you all the time.

GarSeeYaInk said...

Hey Rich,

Good to have you join us on the Blog/Journal internet scene.

One of the downside of having blogs is the "no updates guilt"when you get bogged down with other projects.

I'll set you up with a link on the MIC Blog.

Putting up images on your blog is easy to do-just click on the picture icon when you create new entries.It'll give you two options to 1:upload an image or 2:link to an image from another source(Imageshack or Photobucket).

Looking forward to the TT comic.Come by and show the MIC people a preview this Saturday(April 22nd)?

GarSeeYa!!!

Lalena said...

Holy fuck Gord,

*falls outta chair

Thanks for the laughs.

Richard "Virge" Barkman said...

Hey everybody! Wow, thanks for the comments. Thanks to Gerald, I can now load images. Thanks to Devon, I now know who's been stalking me, and thanks to Gord I won't sleep tonight!!! You're sick, dude, just sick. Thanks to Lalena for checking things out as well. You guys are so cool. :)

Kevin Sole said...

Hey bitch!

um..

...

Yeah, I got nothin'. :)