Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Well, this is new!

Hello world? Well, how the hell are you? I'm fine, thanks for asking. As you may or may not know, this is an entirely new thing to me. Blogging. What the hell is blogging?
Well, I guess this is.

You see, I'm a bit of a late bloomer. For the most part, everyone I know has a blog. And they've all had these blogs for some time. Me, well....I guess I have one now too. I just bought a fancy new computer today. It was both absolutely frightening and exhilerating, because I took a big chance. A very big chance.

I'm a heavy duty mechanic by day, or at least I will be until the end of the month. I quit my job a week ago to focus on my nightly activities. I'm an aspiring artist and writer. I'm part of a small studio. And I have a webcomic. It's all very time consuming and I need more time. So, due largely to the fact that I'm unhappy with the work I do (the pay is great, the grease and oil are bad) I decided to dedicate more time to doing what enjoy. I love comics. I love drawing them and writing them and creating them and...well, I'm sure you understand. So this is where the "big chance" I mentioned comes in. I won't be making the same kind of money I was as a mechanic in 2 weeks. I'll only be working 3 days a week. But I can honestly say I've never been happier. I feel I have a direction now, and having 4 days a week to be creative is just what I need. I'll get to have new experiences, and maybe fall on my face a few times along the way. But that's cool. I can live with that.

And now with this fancy new blog, I have someone to share these experiences with. That folks, in my humble opinion, is very cool. Definately something I can live with.

3 comments:

Lalena said...

That's awesome?

Are you still working at the same place for the few days that you will be?

What kind of computer did you get? Where in the world did you put your computer?

K, take care.

Richard "Virge" Barkman said...

No, I'll be doing decals with Dwight.

I put the computer on the ledge that runs outside the kitchen, in the corner by my book shelf. It fits perfectly. The new machine is a Compaq Presario with an AMD Sempron processor. The Compu Smart in Market Mall is shutting down so I bought the 'puter and a 17" Acer flat for $600. It was one of those "I'd be stupid to pass this up" deals.

I'm so stoked!

Kevin Sole said...

Dudical!

So happy you bought that computer. Know you've been thinking something mighty about it for so long. You deserve to own that beast, for sure. What a kick ass computer it'll be, at least once we get better RAM inside it. :)

The studio is comin' along dude, I have no doubt.

Here's to the future!