Wednesday, June 14, 2006

The Deadline Dash ended at 2 am Tuesday.

Wow, what an exhausting weekend. After 4 straight days of bustin' ass we completed The Sorrow at 2 a.m. Tuesday morning. The good folks at Comixpress have recieved the files and now we play the waiting game to see if they can get the books back to us on time for the San Diego Con. All the hard work seemed worth it to hear Kevin, Dwight, and my parents tell me that it looks great. Of course, I wouldn't be much of an artist if I didn't have my personal doubts. Or my list of things I feel could have been done better if I had more time. But the end result is a comic book that I can be proud of. An accomplishment. A dream fulfilled!

Hopefully in 3-4 weeks I'll have some copies to share with the world. In the meantime, here's the cover (thanks to my friend Rove!) and one of my favorite pages. Please enjoy and thank you to everyone who had words of encouragement for me. They really helped me out.


4 comments:

Obsidian3D said...

Dude I absolutely f-in' HATE you. But, only because you're my hero. That shizz looks out of control. Any chance I can get an autographed copy or something? :D

Richard "Virge" Barkman said...

For sure! I'd be happy to send you one! Thanks dude!!!!

Richard "Virge" Barkman said...

I'll have some for Happy Harbor in July! Or you can get a copy (provided they're ready) in San Diego.

Anonymous said...

HEY! I love
"The Sorrow"

My friend picked it up for me- why because Dani looks IDENTICAL to me! Everyone was blown away at the simillarities! I really like the story keep up the good art !!