Wednesday, June 07, 2006

One more weekend of madness.

Hello everybody! (Hey Dr. Nick!)

I've been working my drawing hand to the bare bones over the past few weekends in hopes of finishing issue 1 of The Sorrow. I have one more weekend left to to it. 4 days, 10 pages of art left, 22 pages of greyscaling and lettering. I'm seriously going to need some drugs. And loads of coffee. But I know it will get done. Somehow I always manage to finish. I have Kevin helping with scanning and lettering, and hopefully I'll even have a cover page from my friend Rove. So it's all good. I even managed to finish this week's Twice Thursday early so I can start working on stuff tommorow night. Everybody needs to check it out this week. I had some "artistic help" with the strip and it is truly something to see. :D

All I need to do now is put it in cruise control. 10 pages between Thursday night and Sunday morning leaves all day Sunday and Monday to finish things up. Send it off Monday night and we're away to the races. Well, at least it sounds good in theory! I'll keep you posted.

On a side note, I finished my belt testing in Karate this week. Overall I think I did just fine. I got stuck on my self-defence but managed to pull through. My katas were good and I was fortunate enough to be able to fight 8 fights this time around. I'm only required to fight 4 fights, but as one of only a few Open Division fighters in our club I always enjoy fighting more. I feel I did quite well for not doing any fighting for almost 7 weeks, and walked away in good health with the exception of my left thumb which always seems to get banged up. Last fight this time too, bugger all! So *fingers crossed* I did good. I'll know in 2 weeks.

3 comments:

Obsidian3D said...

As Rob Schneider would say, "You can DO it!"

Richard "Virge" Barkman said...

Thanks Charles!

Anonymous said...

Now you know how I suffer. Mohoho!
Wait.. maybe not, you don't have editors breathing down your neck at the same time.

Good luck man. When you are done let's get together and celebrate!