Tuesday, May 16, 2006

31 degrees and lovin' it!

Calgary was hot as hell today. I heard reports of 31 degrees from the DJ's at CJAY 92. The path ways around town were packed with sun worshippers of all walks of life. And I had to work.

No worries though, I was able to experience every degree first hand! I worked with my friend Dwight today doing various decal installs around the Foothills Industial park. We had a job this afternoon that we had to do outside due to the customer having limited shop space. Normally this isn't much of a problem, but when you're working with stickers the last thing you want is a blistering hot, one-touch-certain-stick surface. The heat is great for a suntan but bad for decal installations. Never the less our hands were tied and we had no choice but to do the installs outside and take in some sun while doing it. For 2 hours we worked in the 31 degree heat, pretending to complain but really just enjoying the weather. And everything went on without incident so there really wasn't any need to complain. Although, a case of wabbly pop and some sun worshipping beauties (more on them next paragraph) to chill with would have been more fun. Oh well, I guess you can't have everything!

The only side effect from today is that I'm feeling a little water logged from the copious amounts of water I drank to stay hydrated. I seriously drank alot of water, like 8 bottles! And I'm still thirsty for more! Now like I mentoned before, if only today could have been spent on a patio somewhere, or perhaps partying with the topless girls (not a typo!) who called the radio station complaining that no one was paying attention to them sunbathing on the corner of McKnight Blvd. and Center St., it would have been an even better day.

Now here are my questions of the day:
How could any male with even on ounce of testosterone drive by these bare-chested ladies and not notice them? In this weather? During "spring fever" season? And is "topless sunbathing" even allowed in Calgary? Is there a club I could join? Why don't we do any work around there? And how come all this was going on when I was on my way back from Airdrie, miles away from all the fun? I would have honked!! Probably would have crashed into someone to boot. Damn my luck :P

Man, I miss out on the good shit happing around town. I need to bring this up at the next meeting. On a patio. Or a corner. Whatever works for the boss.

No comments: