Friday, May 05, 2006

Let the Madness begin.

What a crazy, busy week this has been, and now the real fun begins. Tommorow I'm off to the City of former Champions (hopefully not fun long, GO OILERS!) for the Free Comic Book Day event being put on by the great folks at Happy Harbor Comics. If you're in the Edmonton area tommorow you should pop on by. I've been told that there are 8 artists (including myself) on hand to draw and talk comics with anyone stopping by, and nobody should pass up the oppertunity for a Free comic. It should be a good time.

In preparation for this weekend's events , Kev and myself have put together an 8 pages preview of our upcoming Dead Last graphic novel that we'll be giving away in Edmonton, as well as in Calgary for the Comic Expo. We have copies of Twice Thursday: Fablequest available for purchase, fresh off the press! I've also been busting my ass this week preparing 3 really nice limited edition prints that will be available for purchase at the Expo. They're full colour pin-ups and I personally think they're some of the finest work I've done to date. So come check things out if you're in the area. If not, we'll have stuff available on the newly revamped Out of Mind Studios website, launching this Monday. We have so much stuff going on in the studio right now, and it really is an exciting time for me as not only an artist, but a fan of the comics medium. Lots of stuff going on and no time for resting!!!! So I'll post some weekend updates as soon as I have some. Now, I'm off to get more shit done for this weekend.

Remember kids, Free Comic Book Day is nation-wide, so go support your local comic book retailers. And if you're in Calgary, makes some time to check out the Expo down at the Big Four on Sunday. With over 40 guests from various parts of the industry, there's something for everyone. You won't be dissappointed.

2 comments:

Lalena said...

Dude, good luck in Edmonton! I hope tons of people stop by and make you draw like a madman all day long.

Oh and I'm going surfing in a week, bitch.

Ohhh yeah!

(Move to Vancouver)

Richard "Virge" Barkman said...

You suck!

Have fun surfing and catch a few waves for me too!!!


I'm so jealous. I need to move to Vancouver!